1. Is it necessary for export product to obtain CCC approval?
Answer: For those products specially produced according to foreign trade contract, there is no need to apply for CCC certification. But the remained products for certain reason will be forbidden to sell in the market unless they obtain CCC approval.
2. For those components used in the appliance and listed separately in the First Catalogue of Product Subject to Compulsory Product Certification (hereafter Catalogue), is it necessary to obtain CCC approval?
Answer: If the whole appliance is listed in the Catalogue, it is recommended for the components used and listed in the Catalogue to apply for CCC certification separately; but it is also acceptable for them to only test with the appliance; If the whole appliance is not listed in the Catalogue, there is no need to apply for CCC certification if the components used in the appliance are not exported and sold separately, but it is necessary to obtain CCC approval if the components are exported or sold separately and they are listed in the Catalogue at the same time.
3. What are the conditions to recognize the CB Test Certificate? If the appliance has got CB Test Certificate, will the components used in it be subject to test or any other requirement?
Answer: The conditions to recognize the CB Test Certificate include:
A. The standard(s) used in the CB Test Certificate should be within the scope that China has declared to recognize;
B. Valid CB Test Report (preferable within three years, CB Test Certificate and CB Test Report);
C. The product name, model and specifications, manufacturer and factory listed in the CB Test Certificate must be the same with or cover those given in the application for CCC certification.
The right to check and test according to the national difference is reserved. The components used in the appliance shall be recognized, but the right to check is reserved as well.
4. Can the manufacturer with ISO9001 certification be avoid of factory inspection for Compulsory Product Certification?
Answer: No. Factory inspection for Compulsory Product Certification has some quality system requirements as a part, but the more important part is the specific requirements for production process control, inspection and check of consistency of the product. For those manufacturers have got ISO9001 certification issued by the certification body authorized by CNCA, it is acceptable to simplify the inspection for quality system.
5. Is the applicant free to choose the Certification Body for application?
Answer: CNCA has designated 9 certification bodies to deal with Compulsory Product Certification for the first Catalogue and specified the product scope for each Certification Body. For those products covered by more than one certification body, the applicant is free to choose any applicable one for application.
6. Can the certification/testing results issued by other certification bodies (domestic or overseas) be recognized for CCC certification?
Answer: According to international rules, mutual recognition of certification/testing results is based on bilateral or multilateral agreement between governments or agreement between organizations authorized by the government. China always agrees with mutual recognition of certification/testing results based on equal principals to avoid repeat of testing and certification and to remove technical trade barrier. Currently, IEC China National Committee is the member of IECEE-CB Scheme, so only CB Test Certificate and CB Test Report issued by member of IECEE-CB Scheme could be recognized for China Compulsory Product Certification (only for those standards recognized by China).
7. Is it possible for foreign organizations to be designated as certification body, testing body or inspection body for China Compulsory Product Certification?
Answer: CNCA will not designate the foreign organization directly. But the foreign certification or testing bodies may carry out relevant business through mutual or multilateral agreement.
8. Will the voluntary certification results of a component be recognized if the component is subject to test with the appliance according to the Implementation Rules of Compulsory Product Certification?
If the component has been certified by the certification body approved or authorized by CNCA, the designated certification body shall recognize the certification result. There should be no repeat of testing.
9. Shall the agent service organization be registered and filed?
Answer: Yes. The relevant regulations of former State Administration of Import and Export Commodities Inspection (SACI) are still valid currently. The new regulations are still in edition now.
10. What kind of implementation rules will be taken for CCC certification during the period from May 1st , 2002 to April 30th, 2003?
i. From May 1st, 2002, none of the designated certification body is allowed to issue the old certification;
ii. For those products subject to CCIB or CCEE certification (hereafter "old products") and products listed in the First Catalogue for CCC certification, it is acceptable to apply for CCC certification based on the former technical requirements according to the former certification rules. But the expiry date of that kind of certificates is April 30th, 2003. From May 1st, 2003, all the relevant products will be allowed to keep the certification and use CCC Mark only if they are verified to comply with the technical requirements according to the new certification rules.
iii. For those old products having obtained CCIB or CCEE certification, they shall comply with the requirements of the new rules if they are subjected to exchange the old certification into CCC certification.
11. How to use and deal with the old and new certification mark during the transition period (May 1st, 2002 to April 30th, 2003)?
i. From May 1st, 2002, no organization is allowed to issue or sell the old certification marks (CCIB or CCEE) in any way or any form. But those certification marks purchased before that date can be used during the transition period.
ii. During the transition period, the license holder of both of the old and new certification can purchase CCC Mark based on the valid certificate. The license holder shall apply for the CCC Mark to State CCC Marking Center.
12. How to get the catalogue of product subject to certification relevant to HS code and how to find the answer to questions about the scope of the product subject to CCC certification?
CNCA and AQSIQ issued jointly detailed catalogue of product subject to certification relevant to HS code (Announcement No. 60 by AQSIQ and CNCA). Those who have questions about the scope of the products subject to CCC certification shall enquiry to CNCA in writing form and CNCA will reply accordingly.
13. For those products having obtained CCEE and CCIB certification, is it still necessary to make factory inspection when they are applied for exchanging into CCC certification?
Principally, it is not necessary to make factory inspection while exchanging the certification. The inspection on the difference of factory quality assurance capability requirements shall be covered in the follow-up inspection next.
China CCC Certification Service: email@example.com